Taking your Quingo on a flight, through an airport and enjoying the Quingo advantage at your destination need not be as daunting as you think. This is the first in a series of postings that will help you get the most out of your Quingo. These simple steps will help you prepare your Quingo for the trip, provide guidance on safe transportation and advice for when you are there.
1. Remove all items from the basket or lockable boxes.
2. Make sure you leave the vehicle with the freewheel lever in the braked or normal position.
3. Always take a spare key with you as it could be mislaid when the vehicle is being placed in the hold.
4. Fix a label to the ignition key and write on the label ‘Remove key for flight and attach key to the handle bars’.
5. Make sure the airline staff understand how to fold down the scooter for transport and the location of the freewheel device.
6. All original and authorised replacement batteries for the Quingo range are flight safe. Not all batteries are.
If you have replaced your batteries with an alternate supplier, seek guarantees with that supplier they are flight safe.
7. Don’t forget your battery charger and a suitable plug for the country you are visiting.
8. Check the local laws for driving your vehicle. They are different for each country.
9. If your scooter can be disassembled do not take it apart. Keep the vehicle in one piece.
10. Make sure your vehicle is in fully charged when traveling.